Monday 7 December 2009

Prams - what do I get?

Well thought I would add my next little snippet of my pregnancy life. One of the things I found really hard as time went on was knowing what I would need, when, how much etc etc. Hospital bags, toys, changing things, bits around the house! I found it so difficult to know where to start, obviously once you've had your first you know more for next time but I just found there was no where to really find out what was best to do. I kept thinking of things I wanted to ask but couldn't find anywhere to get good answers. So I thought I would just suggest a few things to you.

Now I am sure you are probably so much more ahead of the game then I was but just in case. One of the biggest things you buy of course is your pram - and boy do I have regrets about that! In my head I wanted a nice big sturdy pram that my baby would grow into, feel safe and comfortable and grow to love. That was one of my biggest mistakes. Now for me, I live on a hill at the top of lots of steps - didn't think that through! I went for a Graco Metropolitan Travel System. Now a travel system is brilliant, has been a huge lifesaver in these first 5 months!

Now, the pram is lovely, but it is large, huge wheels, a massive shopping basket, and I mean massive! I thought this would be great but it actually makes the pram so much bigger and look so much bigger.

So anyway, let me get to the point! Sorry. What I should have done is a lot more research! Really really take the time to look at different ones, shop for good prices, really think about what you want from your pram. Easy to carry and transport, fits in small cars, comfortable seat for baby, not too big shopping basket! I am now in the process of looking for a second pram because of this.

I was so excited about getting the pram, the big purchase! I will be back tomorrow to continue but any questions just ask! Hoping I can be of some help to anyone out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment